Learn how to make your own reversible napkins and stitch a design of your choice on them.
- 1 1/8 yards of fabric for napkin fronts
- 1 1/8 yards fabric for napkin backs
- Spirit Bee #80129-19 design from Tula Pink Presents: The Imaginary Menagerie
- Isacord thread
- OESD Ultra Clean and Tear Stabilizer
- Organ Needles, size 11 sharp
1. Prewash fabric, dry, and iron.
2. Cut four 19” squares from the front fabric. On the front fabric, measure 3” in from side and top or bottom for design placement. If the design is medium-large, adjust as necessary.
3. Print design and place center where you marked to ensure you’ll be within seam allowances and that you like the orientation of design.
4. Hoop the OESD Ultra Clean and Tear Stabilizer and fabric and embroider the design. Repeat for all 4 squares/napkins.
5. Square up fabric if necessary and trim all four front napkins to the same size, approximately 18.5”. Cut the fabric for napkin backs the same size as your front fabric.
6. With right sides together, pin and sew all around the edges of the napkin with a ¼” seam, backstitching at the beginning and end, and pivoting at the corners. Leave a 3” hole for turning.
7. Trim corners close to the stitching, turn right side out. Carefully poke out corners, press well. Topstitch (1/8” away from the edge) around the entire napkin, backstitching at the beginning and end.
Your napkins are complete!
This material is © OESD, LLC and may not be reproduced or published without permission.